By Allan, 6-Jan-2008
- Revit 2008, 2009
How should I send my structural model to the Architect? As an Architect, what procedure will be best to issue my model, to the consultants who also use Revit?.
- COPY the model to an “issued models” directory. Do not use “Save As”. If you have worksets this will create a local model with a link back to the original model.
- Rename the model file to something logical. Example: Arch Model – Rev 2.revt
- OPEN the model in a new session of Revit. Ensure you tick on “Detach From Central”. This is VERY IMPORTANT.
- In MANGE LINKS, REMOVE ALL CAD and Revit links.
- Delete all VIEWS except for the basic plans. You need at least one plan view left in your model, otherwise you model will not show in the consultant models, one of those funny quirk’s of Revit
- Delete all the LEGENDS
- Delete all the SCHEDULES/QUANTITIES
- Delete all the SHEETS
- File > Purge Unused. This will dramatically reduce the file size.
- Leave the model on any plan view and then SAVEAS over the top of the file you started with.
- Close the file and issue the model.
Notes on Procedure:
- For the Revit model based on this procedure, the file size reduced from 98.2 MB to 40.3 MB.