All websites on this list have a good collection of free, easy to download, dwg files (CAD blocks). They will be good for students, architects, structural engineers, civil engineers, plumbing and electrical drafters.
- blocks.draftsperson.net – One of the oldest free CAD block websites around. It’s history dates back to 2002. Now upgraded, with a nice simple smooth layout. Downloading is a simple single click on the download button. Some of the key DWG file download categories are: Access and Safety, Annotations, Architectural Details, Building Services Details, Civil, Doors, Equipment and Fixtures, Furniture, Landscaping, People, Structural, Vehicles. The most fun page is Fictional Characters, which contains Star Wars characters.
- pimpmydrawing.com – The most fun free CAD block website ever. The DWG files are of high quality and a single click download. There is a lot of free content, but category packs can be purchased for around $5. Free download categories are People, Trees, Cars , Plants and Furniture.
- acad-block.com/tag/cad-blocks-dwg-free/ – Free and paid CAD blocks. But the free models are 29 pages with 12 collections per page, so quite a lot to choose from. The collection boasts a good array of signage symbols. Some of the interesting download categories are; Architecture, Gates & Fences, Animals, Bathroom, Push Bikes, Hospital, Lamps, Trees & Plants.
- dwgautocad.com/bloques-autocad-2d.html Bloques AutoCAD in Spanish translates to AutoCAD blocks. This website has a good collection of various fixtures, furnishings and equipment.
- freecads.com – Has a nice theme and layout. Very simple to navigate around. It claims to have 2930 free files to download. The CAD blocks are a single click to download. DWG and PDF versions of the blocks are available for download. The bundled DWG symbols are one of this websites most popular downloads.