- Get your boring office tasks done cheaply by someone else: You can redraw an old house plan from paper to AutoCAD. You would bill your client $1K for this service. Or you could post the project to freelancer.com.au*. Get someone there to do it for $100 dollars + $100 dollars of your own time for a quality check. This is a total cost of $200. Still bill the client $1000 and make a $800 profit. Do this type of project once a month for 12 months and your profit is $9600 per year.
This will help you renew your $4375 Autodesk AEC Collection yearly Subscription!!!!
- Have a cost neutral workout with Amazon Flex once a month: Once a month, use your own car to deliver parcels in your area for Amazon Flex. A 4 hour shift should make you $120 dollars. Not a big number, but think of all the exercise! Parcel delivery is a good core strength workout and a great break from the home office. Basically you have made yourself a cost neutral gym workout. 4 hours, 12 times a year at $120 makes you $1440 per year. How let’s get really cunning and tip this income into a Virgin Active Membership at the place down the road!
- Blog about your job and put some Google Ads next to it: Working from home is a solo gig for mentoring support and how to’s. We go to the internet every day for inspiration and ideas. We could not live without the free stuff we can get online. Add to this important knowledge base by writing about how and what you use to do stuff. Even give away some of the tools and templates you have created over the years. You can pay if forward, but also get paid with Google Adsense.
$9.58 for every 1000 page views is a reasonable expectation of income. A decent blog can easily have 200,000 page views per year with a revenue of $1916 per year. Some hosting costs are required. For example wordpress.com is A$120 per year and you can earn ad revenue.
- Record a screen share on your specialist software and publish it on Youtube: Successful Home Office Workers have mad skills on some boutique piece of software. You have hacks and tricks to get your projects out the door. Did you know; Globally there are thousands of other people just like you? Every day they google their own jobs, looking to solve the problems you have developed a work around for. Screen record your software tips with your voice over commentary using a yeticaster. Publish this recording to Youtube and built up your channel till you quality for the YPP. For every 1000 views you could earn $12.60. Create two videos per month for a year and you will have 24 tutorials earning you $75.6 each if they get 6000 views per year. This will be a income of $1814.40 per year.
Or 453 flat whites from your favourite cafe. More than one coffee for every work day!
- Keep buying dividend paying ASX listed shares: Example: Lindsay Australia Limited (ASX: LAU) paid 3.2 cents in dividends in financial year 2022. At the start of January 2022 you could buy this stock for 39 cents per share. That is an stunning income of 8.2%. Imagine if you had built up a $25K holding over the past 5 years?
More examples of dividend paying stocks can be found at Marketindex.com.au. It has a great Dividend Yield Scan webpage. Here you can locate the highest yielding ASX listed stocks with the best fundamentals from the top 300ish largest companies.
The Lindsay Australia side hustle would have paid you $2050 this year, or 100 Tonkotsu Ramen’s from Ra Ra. Yes, two power lunches every work week!
Our sides hustles for the home office worker made us a total of: AUD$16820.40 for one year. We have already spent all of this on noodles, coffee and software subscriptions. But maybe you will be smarter and buy some cool retro gaming consoles.
* If your in Australia and you sign up to freelancer.com with our link. You can claim a free gift of $55
** All prices shown are in Australian Dollars
Leave a Reply